Vocal Music Accompanist
Website Columbus Public Schools
JOB TITLE: Accompanist-piano
D.O.T. # FULL TIME X
Sedentary Light Medium X Heavy Very Heavy
- Education Level: Must be able to play and perform choral music, selected vocal parts and instrumental and vocal solo accompaniments to an acceptable degree of ability.
- Experience Desired: School accompanist experience preferred.
- Other Requirements:
REPORTS TO: High School Vocal Staff –High School Instrumental Music Staff–High School Principal
- Must be able to perform all styles of choral music from different time periods and selected vocal parts as needed during rehearsal and live performances.
- Must be able to sight read choral music enacted on the spot during rehearsals, selected vocal parts, instrumental and vocal solo accompaniments to an acceptable degree of ability.
- Must be able to provide some supervision on student trips in school transportation.
- Must be able to provide director support on the keyboard in small groups or individual rehearsals and must be able to help prepare students for performances.
- Additional rehearsals and performance responsibilities outside of the school day will be expected.
Never Occasionally Frequent Constant
0% 1-32% 33-66% 67%+
- Standing X
B Walking X
- Sitting X
- Bending X
- Reaching X
- Climbing X
- Driving X
- Lifting X
- Carrying X
- Manual Dexterity Tasks: X
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Keyboarding skills (Piano) Required.
- Inside X Outside Both
- Climatic Environment: Some environments will be air conditioned
To apply for this job please visit columbuspsne.apptegy.us.