UTILITY I – ENTRY LEVEL
The Plant Utility position assists with the implementation of our plant preventive maintenance programs. This position supports the operators and the maintenance team by helping with light maintenance and helps with the lockout/tagout of equipment or setting up equipment for CIP. The Plant Utility is also responsible for gathering and running samples, unloading chemical delivery trucks, and will be available for plant cleaning tasks (i.e. GMP, MSS, spill clean ups, etc.) The Plant Utility will begin to learn our process and will work with the operators to assist in process troubleshooting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains Dry Grind area preventive maintenance program.
- Cleans screens.
- Cleans floors with broom, shovel, and water hose.
- Cleans Dry Grind areas as assigned from the Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Assists in keeping the department in tour ready condition.
- Assists Operations in emergency situations (i.e. Troubleshooting, Sample gathering, etc…)
- Safe Unloading of Chemical Deliveries.
- May perform light maintenance duties on departmental equipment.
- May set equipment up for cleaning/steaming or CIP.
- Painting of equipment and/or structures (i.e. stair railings, building walls, etc…)
- Conduct Fire Protection Hydrant inspections each month.
- Performs duties in a safe manner, utilizing all approved safety equipment, and successfully completes all safety certification requirements.
- Participates actively in training.
- Operates a forklift, skid loader and pay loader.
- Runs trash pump to remove water from area.
- Runs grain vacuum to reclaim product back into process.
- Gathers supplies from warehouse.
- Dumps process waste hoppers in designated areas (i.e. Cob Hopper).
- May perform reasonably similar or related duties as required.
We expect our team members to continuously grow and develop their knowledge of our plant, this includes active engagement in our safety culture and actively pursuing career enhancement opportunities.
ADM requires a successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, background check, and physical if required.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.