Tool Crib Specialist
This position is responsible ordering current tooling and refurbished perishable tooling; presetting tools in holders, issuing and processing tools for jobs, managing tool inventory, and working with tool vendors to improve processes and gain cost savings.
- Responsible for the ordering tooling under the guidelines established by Purchasing.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the tool inventory counts in the crib.
- Presets tools into toolholders and records lengths.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining minimums and maximums for tools.
- Keeps tools organized and identified.
- Issues tools by work order or other method to the jobs. Inspect, clean and put away returned tools.
- Collects used tools for recycling and re-sharpening.
- Orders, maintains inventories and issues other items as identified by management.
- Works with tool vendors/suppliers on selecting/providing best tools for the job; identifying cost savings and tool testing.
- Monitors excessive tool usage by operators, departments, by part number and/or family of parts. Communicates issues to management for analyzing alternative tooling or methods.
- High school education or equivalent is required. Experience in a job shop is preferred but not required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English is required.
- Microsoft Office and Outlook skills are required. Previous experience with an ERP system is desired.
- US Citizenship or lawful permanent resident of the US is required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds.
We offer a competitive salary package that is dependent on qualifications and experience as well as good benefits and a bonus potential.
It is the policy of MIBA to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local LAW. In addition, MIBA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Required)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.