Stopper Associate – D-Shift
Website BD (East)
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
The duties are to include, but not limited to:
Operate the BSCF, TSCF, Manual Stopper, Auto Stopper processing equipment per the documented Procedures. Perform quality inspections, line clearances and record per the detailed procedure and notify Quality and Rubber Parts leadership of issues. This position supports other operations in Rubber parts as required by Leadership. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Light manual assembly, 100% inspection to packaging requirements and machine operation.
- Must be familiar with specifications outlined in the process procedures, Quality Control Specifications, Drawings and GMP Manuals.
- Perform and record quality checks and line clearances as required per documentation.
- Will be required to wear appropriate apparel for entry into the clean room environment. Must comply with protective clothing policy and all safety policies.
- The operation includes issuing goods to production orders, bagging, packaging, labeling and staging components for each operation per documented procedure.
- May occasionally support Casepack or MES by getting components from the warehouse and palletizing components as necessary.
- May be required to operate material handling equipment.
- Operations may include starting and stopping machine, selecting the correct wash/silicone cycle, performing line clearances, fill hoppers, bagging, packaging/ labeling and palletizing components per documented procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- High quality products manufactured per task documents.
- Meet or exceed department Continuous Improvement goals.
High School Diploma/GED
- Previous manufacturing or proven stable work history preferred.
- Use of measurement devices and quality records preferred.
English (read, speak and write)
Minimum Physical Requirements or Demands:
The position may require lifting up to 35 pounds and sit or stand for periods of time up to four hours in duration.
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families.
We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.