Stopper Associate – C Shift
Website BD Medical / BD Pharmaceutical
Job ID R-394025
Date posted 03/26/2021
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
The duties are to include, but not limited to:
Operate the BSCF, TSCF, Manual Stopper, Auto Stopper processing equipment per the detailed Procedures. Perform quality inspections, line clearances and record per the detailed procedure and advise Quality and Rubber Parts leadership of issues. This position supports other operations in Rubber parts by Leadership. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Light manual assembly, 100% inspection to packaging requirements and machine operation.
- Must be familiar with specifications outlined in the process procedures, Quality Control Specifications, Drawings and GMP Manuals.
- Perform and record quality checks and line clearances per documentation.
- Will be required to wear appropriate apparel for entry into the clean room environment. Must follow protective clothing policy and all safety policies.
- The operation includes issuing goods to production orders, bagging, packaging, labeling and staging components for each operation per detailed procedure.
- May occasionally support Casepack or MES by getting components from the warehouse and palletizing components.
- May be required to operate material handling equipment.
- Operations may include starting and stopping machine, selecting the accurate wash/silicone cycle, performing line clearances, fill hoppers, bagging, packaging/ labeling and palletizing components per procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- High quality products manufactured per task documents.
- Meet or exceed department Continuous Improvement goals.
High School Diploma/GED
- Previous manufacturing or proven stable work history preferred.
- Use of measurement devices and quality records preferred.
English (read, speak and write)
Minimum Physical Requirements or Demands:
The position may require lifting up to 35 pounds and sit or stand for periods of time up to four hours in duration.
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families.
We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
About becton dickinson (bd):
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 64,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (East)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.