Website Columbus Public Schools
Middle School Teaching/Industrial Technology
Columbus Middle School
DEPARTMENT: Middle School STEM
JOB TITLE: STEM/CTE Teacher
A. Educational Level: Bachelors Degree of higher.
B. Certification: Nebraska certification with endorsement in either Science, Math, or Skilled Technical Sciences Technology.
C. Experience Required: Must meet standards for a 7-12 Nebraska certification as a teacher in either math, science, or skilled and technical sciences. Skills to teach STEM curriculum including: engineering, robotics, design, process, electronics, discovery, solid works and engineering concepts related to problem solving and team building.
REPORTS TO: Middle School Principal
- Develop in each student an insight and understanding of STEM.
- Discover talents of students in the career fields.
- Create an engaging; hand on STEM project based classroom where students are working cooperatively to understand the process of problem solving, engineering and design.
- Develop essential skills of problem solving, cooperation, and communication for 21st Century careers.
- Develop a program of study that meets individual needs, interests and abilities of students as determined by the STEM curriculum.
- Engage students by hands on, lecturing, demonstrating and using real-world examples.
- Assist in program evaluation on a regular basis.
- Participate in appropriate in-service development programs.
- Incorporate the elements of Marzano instructional model to daily lesson plans.
- Create learning activities and grow with new technologies that are available.
- Assist in the supervision and direction of students as assigned.
- Provide developmentally appropriate learning experiences in which students are actively engaged as participants in the lesson.
- Build positive rapport and focus on student success and achievement.
- Work effectively in a Professional Learning Community.
- Continually use data from common assessments, and MAPs to drive instructional decisions.
- Provide feedback to students through written, oral and presentation.
- Provide a safe learning environment for students.
- Manage and supervise students in lab activities with the knowledge of safety and proper use of tools and machines.
Never Occasional Frequent Constant
0% 1-32% 33-66% 67%+
- Standing X
- Walking X
- Sitting X
- Bending X
- Reaching X
- Pulling X
- Climbing X
- Driving X
- Lifting X 10#Max
- Carrying X 20Ft.
- Inside X Outside Both
- Climatic Environment: Air-conditioned work rooms
- Hazards: Machines and industrial equipment
To apply for this job please visit columbuspsne.apptegy.us.