Website BD (West)
Plan, design and coordinate the development and implementation of manufacturing processes and related engineering activities in any of the plants to support new product development as well as existing production. Provide expert engineering skill, judgment, and mentoring of other engineers. Provide process development support to new product development and technology teams.
- Lead and coordinate the development of new processes for manual through automated assembly by interfacing with personnel from R&D, product design/development, quality, production, and assembly technology.
- Work closely with R&D engineers during product design phase to provide feedback and define how the product will be assembled and meet the desired product performance while meeting business objectives.
- Coordinate and carry out qualification and validation activities for new products, processes, changes and transfers as required.
- Participate on project teams as a Core Team Member or Leader representing R&D, process development, assembly, molding, packaging, and/or other engineering/technical/operations discipline. Projects may affect products manufactured in domestic or offshore plants.
- Coordinate and communicate assigned projects and their status with the appropriate personnel and departments.
- Specify equipment, tooling and fixtures for new processes, existing processes, or existing process changes.
- Write capital expenditure requests for equipment, tooling and fixtures, as needed.
- Install new equipment, tooling and fixtures to support new product development, existing manufacturing process changes, or replication. Responsible for documentation and training.
- Initiate cost savings opportunities, perform CIP projects, and perform process/quality improvement projects as assigned by Manager.
- Develop and implement new processes for pilot production and scale-up programs and ensure successful technology transfer.
- Participate on project teams at many levels – extended team, core team, and core team leadership. Supervise other engineers and technicians as required, to complete assigned projects.
- Travel: 20%-40% domestic and international travel required
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Preferred: Bachelors Degree (Engineering, Plastics, or related discipline) with 5 years minimum experience
- Associates Degree (Engineering, Plastics, or related discipline) with 10 years minimum experience
- No Degree with 18 years minimum relative experience.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.