Staff Engineer, Operational Technology (OT) Manufacturing Network
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Acts as technical resource to the plants and engineering group to support and deliver OT solutions to resolve manufacturing issues and improve operational performance in the areas of Controls, Automation, Manufacturing Networks, Manufacturing Network Security, and machine connectivity Leads and manages the adoption of Cybersecurity framework and activities to secure OT processes across multiple manufacturing sites that includes technologies, assets, people, and Smart Factory implementations working as liaison between OT Center of Excellence and plant operations Understands Data Highway communications and protocols: Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), SCADA systems, MT Connect standards, OPC-UA standards, Firewall rule development & troubleshooting, Windows based PC applications, industrial networks, TCP/IP/IoT connectivity, Edge Devices, Cloud Connectivity, Data Analytics, and how to effectively apply these technologies to complex manufacturing environments.
- Actively collaborates as a team member in a high-performance cross functional work team environment, including plant and regional manufacturing technical resources, engineering, IT, Quality and regulatory Acts as a leader to support and drive IT/OT and cybersecurity standards adoption and implementation across the manufacturing enterprise Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles Travel up to 30% Other duties as assigned
Associates Degree Required in any of the following areas of engineering: Networking, Software, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or any other equivalent degree provided with the required experience
BA/BS Degree Preferred, in any of the following areas of engineering: Networking, Software, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or any other equivalent degree provided with the required experience
- 10 years of experience in systems development and integration, managing manufacturing process control applications projects, supporting, and developing hardware and software solutions, assets, and databases with a BA/BS in related field. Associates degree will be accepted with 15 years’ experience.
- 5 years of experience managing or administering manufacturing process controls networks, OT and IT infrastructure for manufacturing operations
- Experience working with third party vendors and system integrators, specifying hardware and software for controls and automation projects, Factory and Site acceptance tests, and project management
- Experience with network layouts, servers, switches, fire walls configurations and hardware/software specifications is critical
WHY JOIN US?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (East)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.