Social Studies Teacher
Website Columbus Public Schools
A. Education Level: Bachelor’s degree or higher with a Social Sciences endorsement.
B. Certification or Licensure: Must meet standards for certification as a teacher of social sciences as established by the Nebraska Department of Education Teacher Certification department.
C. Other Requirements: Willingness to sponsor or coach extra-curricular activities and athletics.
REPORTS TO: High School Principal
- Teach courses in Social Sciences according to district approved curriculum guidelines. Courses offered include: Economics, Geography, Government, US and World History, Law Education, Psychology and Sociology.
- Provides leadership and supervision of students in developing, organizing and utilizing resources for an effective instructional program at the high school level.
3. Provide a safe orderly learning environment and assist in the supervision and direction of students as assigned.
4. Provide a variety of learning experiences in which students are actively engaged as participants in the lesson.
5. Provide leadership and are an active collaborator in building and district initiatives.
6. Incorporate best practices, data-driven decision-making and explicit instructional strategies as a component of lesson design.
To apply for this job please visit www.columbuspublicschools.org.