Setup Operator D Shift
Repair and adjust production equipment to produce parts which conform to specified output rates. Routinely troubleshoot equipment including dismantling and reassembling machine components. Perform changeovers, line clearance and cleaning. Work as a team with peers for maximum efficiency in assigned tasks to maintain a production rate equal to or greater than the established standards.
Responsible for quality inspections, operating equipment, raw material/finished goods movement, and cleaning/sanitizing. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Informal leader for respective line.
- Communicate on a daily basis with prior and post shift associates regarding technical and other pertinent issues.
- Set-up machines per established procedures, to manufacture product which conforms to quality specifications, at the rated output.
- Work with technical support until machine issue is resolved.
- Continually supervise operations for product quality and equipment performance, including QC lot acceptance rate.
- Monitor process parameters and take appropriate action.
- Perform quality inspections and quality monitoring.
- Record accurate inspection and production data as the need arises.
- Maintain equipment according to the preventative maintenance schedule.
- Assign associates to alternate tasks as needed. Instruct associates on accurate job methods and follow-up to be certain the instructions are understood and followed.
- Assist technical staff on machine modifications/testing, equipment validations.
- Responsible to contribute to the continuous improvement of the process.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED
Read, write, and speak English
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.