Setup Operator- B Shift $2000 Bonus incentive being offered!
This technical position is ideal for those with a mechanical background.
$2000 hiring incentive being offered to new hires based on position eligibility.
Repair and adjust production equipment to produce parts at specified output rates. Troubleshoot equipment including dismantling and reassembling of parts. Perform changeovers, line clearance and cleaning. Responsible for product inspection, operating equipment, raw material/finished goods movement and cleaning/sanitizing.
Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and best practices, and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures. Willing and able to uphold BD Values.
- Set-up machines per established procedures, to manufacture product which conforms to quality specifications, at the rated output.
- Repair, adjust and trouble-shoot machinery including dismantling, replacement of parts, and reassembling.
- Work with technical support if necessary.
- Assign associates to alternate tasks as needed.
- Instruct associates on accurate job methods and follow-up to be certain the instructions are understood and followed.
- Communicate on a daily basis with prior and post shift set-up operators regarding technical and other pertinent issues.
- Perform preventive maintenance for respective line.
- Keep equipment supplied with components and material vital to sustain continuous operation, maintain equipment logs.
- Continually supervise operations for product quality and equipment performance, including final QC lot acceptance rate.
- Operate equipment and process functions, product inspections, perform process tests and record accurate inspection data as required.
- Perform all product changeovers, machine lubrications, sanitization and cleaning.
- Assist technical staff on machine modifications/testing, equipment validations.
- Responsible to contribute to the continuous improvement of the process.
- Other duties as required to support the needs of the business.
Qualifications and requirements
- H.S, Diploma/GED
- Ability to read and write and converse in English.
- Associates Degree in a Technical related field
- 2 years previous experience in a technical manufacturing role.
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families.
We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
About Becton Dickinson (bd):
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 64,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (East)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.