Setup Instruct & Repair – IECO – B Shift, $5000 Bonus Incentive Being Offered!
- Changeover, set-up, and trouble-shoot machines in the Cannula Department.
- Support the activities of the department to meet objectives.
- Maintain flexibility and resourcefulness as conditions change. Assist QC Manufacturing Representative and /or QC Technician in performing machine and process capability studies, etc.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow hazardous waste handling procedures to align with EPA requirements and regulatory standards.
Operator will be responsible and perform as follows:
- Maintain equipment operation, monitoring and performance of grinding systems.
- Know processes and QC Specifications.
- Make process equipment adjustments, repairs and service as required so that continuous work patterns and operations are maintained.
- Clean up as required.
- Maintain equipment performance and accurate TPM & PM records.
General Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Change over, setup and trouble-shoot all machines in Cannula.
- Perform preventative maintenance & TPM’s as assigned.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in use of hand tools.
- Due to the nature of specialty needle production, additional equipment and job duties may be added as deemed vital by department coordinator
- Must maintain a neat, clean, orderly work area and equipment
- Use macro scope, microscope, calipers, laser rotation, or other test equipment to perform QC requirements
- Reports directly to shift coordinator and has no authority over others. Able to work optimally in a team, accurately and with limited supervision
- Executes additional duties as required by coordinator
- Must follow department protective clothing, safety and management policies
- Understand Process Specifications, Preventative Maintenance and Quality System Manual, blueprints and GMP manuals which pertain to this operation
- The operations of this position may specify use of chemicals. In such cases, completion of periodic Resource Conservation and Recovery Act and Right-to-Know training will be required for these chemicals
- Be available to report to work during off shift hours to aid in machine repair or set-up as required.
Required Knowledge, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- High School diploma or GED
- Read, write and speak English.
- Knowledgeable of ISO & FDA regulations and BD Quality policies
Level of Experience needed:
- No previous experience required.
- Previous manufacturing experience desired.
Level of Skills Needed:
- Work with others (interpersonal skills)
- Give and receive feedback
- Train others
- Tackle problems, take initiative make informed decisions
- Plan and prioritize job tasks
- Set priorities and timelines
- Communicate (both verbally and in writing)
- Break down tasks into their parts
- Precision measuring instruments
- BD inspection methods and documentation
Starting Hourly Wage:
- Negotiable based on experience and education.
About Becton Dickinson (BD):
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our hardworking employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow expertly before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (West)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.