Setup Instruct and Repair – Specials – 1st shift
- Repair and adjust production equipment to produce parts which conform to quality specifications, at specified output rates.
- Instruct employees concerning proper job methods, and assign alternate tasks, in the event of major machine downtime or changes in work-load.
Must be a phenomenal teammate, have good technical skills, be able to work with people and have acquired equivalent knowledge through experience in the operation and maintenance of:
Hydraulic/pneumatic systems (valves, cylinders, flow controls). Mechanical mechanisms (linkages, cams, gears, chains/sprockets). Fundamental electrical wiring. Lubrication. Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the use of hand tools.
- Must be capable to read and understand blueprints on machine mechanisms and basic wiring.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow hazardous waste handling procedures to comply with EPA requirements.
- Repair, adjust and trouble-shoot machinery including dismantling, replacement of parts, and reassembling.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of all products produced in the department, raw materials required, and product quality specifications.
- Teach employees on proper job methods and follow-up to be certain the instructions are understood and followed.
- Instruct operators on Preventative Maintenance and Safety Procedures.
- Requisition raw materials, supplies and spare parts as needed to maintain production.
- Advise supervisor of major or repetitive equipment problems.
- Update Quality System documents as necessary.
- Assume minor supervisory roles in the absence of the supervisor.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 years mechanical/technical experience.
Minimum Physical Requirements or Demands:
- Defined PCP Level 3
- Must have the ability to speak, read & write English
Starting Hourly Wage:
- Negotiable based on experience and education.
About Becton Dickinson (BD):
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our hardworking employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow expertly before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Becton, Dickinson and company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (West)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.