Website Columbus Public Schools
A. Educational Level: MA
B. Experience Desired: Not required.
C. Certification: Valid certification and endorsement as a school psychologist.
- To provide psycho-educational services for all students for whom the district has responsibility.
- To attempt to remediate concerns by making recommendations to teachers, parents, principals, counselors, and other school professionals.
- To refer students and parents to other professionals in the community for further assistance.
- To consult with instructional and administrative staff, counselors, parents, and other persons in the community in regard to students’ needs and problems.
1. Provides a thorough psycho-educational assessment of students in the areas of perceptual skills, sensory-motor skills, intellectual ability, academic achievement, social-emotional behavior, and adaptive behavior.
2. Recommends appropriate remediation program for student needs and cooperates with educational staff, parents, and other community agencies in assuring that the remediation program is provided.
3. Assists and guides educational staff in observing, describing, and referring students in need of special education services.
4. Serves as a member of the multidisciplinary team in recommending need for special education placement.
5. Provides in-service and serves as a special education resource person and consultant to parents, educational staff, and other professionals in the community.
6. Assists parents and educational staff in developing and implementing behavior modification programs.
7. Keeps thorough ongoing records for the individual students that have been referred and/or received psycho-educational services.
8. Maintains a directory of outside agencies, consultants, specialists and related services.
9. Assumes primary responsibility for requisitioning and maintaining needed equipment and supplies.
10. Cooperates with the administration and teachers to advocate necessary changes in program curriculum and staff
11. Must comply with state mandates for the education of verified students.
To apply for this job please visit www.columbuspublicschools.org.