Website Columbus Public Schools
A. Certification or Licensure: Valid state license to practice as a Licensed Practicing Nurse. Certificate as public-school nurse, or any other certificate required by state.
B. Experience Preferred: Two years’ experience in public health nursing, preferably in a school district.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
1. Conducts school health service; including vision tests and spinal screening.
2. Assumes responsibility for referral of students in need of medical and dental care.
3. Reports to parents, school personnel, physicians, clinics and other agencies on school medical matters.
4. Maintains up-to-date cumulative health records on all students.
5. Visits student homes when necessary.
6. Participates with school staff and administrators in developing and implementing total school health programs.
7. Contacts homes of children referred by principals.
8. Prepares and submits reports for the superintendent and the State Board of Health.
9. Assists school personnel in establishing sanitary conditions in schools.
10. Attends committee meetings and conferences regarding health service and health curriculum.
11. Participates in in-service training programs.
12. Administers first aid in accordance with established first aid procedures.
13. Participates in student assistance team meetings in school building where assigned.
14. Serves as health information resource person and presenter for classroom teachers.
15. Observe, record, and document health office information including student and staff health office visits, medication administration, controlled substance count per school district protocol, student health records, immunizations, screening summaries and monthly reports as requested by the Coordinator of Health Services, and other data as assigned by supervisor.
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled by Coordinator of Health Services.
To apply for this job please visit www.columbuspublicschools.org.