SCF Operator – B Shift
- Perform SCF operations maintaining product quality and production levels.
- Work as member of a team for maximum efficiency.
- Responsibilities include product inspection, operating equipment, raw material/finished goods movement and cleaning/sanitizing.
- Supervise machine functions and attempt to detect any conditions that are, or becoming out of control.
- Regular, punctual attendance is a crucial job function.
Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintain equipment according to preventative maintenance schedule.
- Clean machines and immediate work area.
- Responsible for stocking needed supplies for the room.
- Responsible to visually inspect and package product.
- Operate equipment and process functions.
- Conduct final inspections and perform process tests.
- Record accurate inspection data as required.
- Responsible to respond to and reset alarms, as needed.
- Sustain a productive work environment through effective communication with team members.
- Responsible to contribute to the continuous improvement of the process.
- Responsible to work in a clean room environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Previous manufacturing, use of measurement devices and quality records preferred
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families.
We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
WHY JOIN US?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (East)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.