Reproduction (A/I) Pig Specialist
Pillen Family Farms
Pillen Family Farms is a family owned business located in Nebraska. We market approximately 2 million pigs annually. As a family-owned and family-focused farming operation, great care goes into everything we do. From family members to team members, to even our pigs we believe in treating others with respect and as part of our family.
- With a combination of animal husbandry and modern technological advances, our reproductive pig technician is responsible for managing a breeding herd.
- Assistance in the pre-gestation, insemination, gestational care, and movement of gilts and sows.
- Our team members on a reproduction team start their day by 6:00 a.m. and typically complete around 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify and breed sows and gilts in heat.
- Manage nutritional requirements of each animal.
- Assessment of sow and gilt body and health condition.
- Documentation of all sow and gilt activity on each sow card.
- Administration of treatment to sows and gilts.
- Maintain most optimum environment for herd.
- Accurate record keeping is crucial.
- Must be able to reach, bend, and stoop frequently.
- Be at work on scheduled days and ready to walk into barns by start time.
- Continuous walking and standing; a minimum of 8 hours per day.
- Frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Comply with all bio-security, safety, and animal welfare policies.
To apply for this job please visit pillendnacareers.workbrightats.com.