Reading Para Educator
Columbus Middle School
A. Education Level: Minimum high school diploma. Must have 2 years of post high school, or district will provide Project Para training
B. Experience Desired: Experience working with children in a supervisory capacity.
Two years college credit preferred.
C. Other Requirements: Keyboard and computer knowledge helpful.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
1. Assist the classroom teacher in preparation of classroom materials.
2. Assist the teacher in the management of students.
3. Carry out instruction (under the direction of the teacher) individually or in groups relative to educational goals.
4. Maintain daily/weekly/monthly records that may be designated by the teacher.
5. Assist in the day to day routines and rhythms of the classroom which may include:
– disciplinary measures as needed
– movement of children
– participation in and /or leading activities
– preparation of snacks
– assist in maintenance of general room condition and atmosphere
6. Participate in activities and opportunities which will enhance the understanding of students:
– attending in-service training
– attending conferences
7. Participate actively as opportunity presents itself in:
– planning of classroom activities and units
– problem solving relative to routines, rhythms and/or individual student needs
– meetings relative to building needs, classroom needs and/or individual student needs
8. Upholding building and district policies and procedures.
9. Keep confidential matters private.
10. Be respectful and courteous at all times.
11. Work independently performing tasks as needs and situations arise.
Occasional: Standing, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, climbing, driving, lifting 10# max
To apply for this job please visit www.columbuspublicschools.org.