Quality Engineer I
Job Description Summary
Support Quality and Production groups by using process and regulatory knowledge combined with a data driven approach to problem solving. Become a subject matter expert in application of statistical tools, measurement systems analysis, and root cause analysis. Take ownership of projects and drive to completion, whether working independently or in a team. Will interact professionally with BDM, PS customers in project management and problem solving activities. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ability to speak, read and write English. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
Oversees Quality needs for a product line across multiple processes including:
- Assist and/or manage plant projects and drive to completion.
- Participate in audits as process and quality systems.
- Develop Root cause investigation and CAPA experience.
- Develop an understanding of the validation system and assist in validations.
- Conduct Measurement System Analysis.
- Conduct diagnostic and statistical analysis of methods, equipment and materials to improve product quality, process reliability and cost.
- Assist in meeting plant team plans for cost and quality improvement, operating within department budget guidelines.
- Demonstrate ability to make consistent and data driven decisions. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree Required
Field(s) of Study: Science-related field, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics
Minimum experience: 0-5 years experience working in a quality / technical role. Experience at a Pharma, Biotech or Medical Device manufacturer preferred.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status. #LI-ISC
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (East)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.