Quality Control Specialist
NE – Nebraska
Quality Control Specialist- Columbus, NE
This is an exempt level position.
Coordinates quality assurance procedures and policies of the company, establishing and performing testing procedures designed to maintain a high level of product quality. Coordinate daily lab functions, operate as the subject matter expert or assist team members in finding guidance to solve complex quality issues that arise in operations and the quality department on a daily basis. This assignment will include final approval of finished product, feedback on employee performance, and vender/instrumentation management. The Coordinator working with the Quality Superintendent and Quality Manager will delegate workload to other team members as needed and maintain open communications sharing department KPI progress including consumable stock levels, and technician performance.
- Participates in the training and re-training of technicians on procedures and equipment. May provide work direction to less experienced lab technicians as required. Provides technical support to Lab Technicians and Operations Personnel. Participates in all lab related meetings and training.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the production processes and willingly makes recommendations to operators and Management in order to achieve product quality.
- Has an understanding of lab instrumentation and software. Able to perform non-routine maintenance on lab equipment and able to minimize equipment downtime. Diagnoses problems and makes recommendations for repair/replacement of equipment. Maintains calibration programs for all laboratory equipment.
- Documents results of all testing procedures and promptly notifies supervision and processing departments of any necessary adjustments to operating parameters. Maintains records of special testing and inputs data into applicable computer systems in a timely manner. Maintains samples of tested product in order to confirm test results when necessary.
- Monitors master manufacturing plan deviation ranges and provides immediate notification to management regarding deviations from established parameters.
- Responsible for assisting shift technicians with the analytical testing, HACCP verification, approval for product release, and the generation of Certificates of Analysis for all applicable loaded finished products.
- Able to modify, create, or develop new procedures based on valid reference methodology. Assists with the writing and revising of laboratory SOP’s.
- Maintains adequate supplies used for testing procedures and notifies supervision of the need to re-order such supplies in a timely manner.
- Actively participates with members of management and immediate co-workers in morning production meetings and toolbox meetings.
- Works primarily a day shift position but will provide overtime coverage as needed, including shift coverage.
- Maintains awareness of and adheres to all FDA, GMP, BATF, EPA, OSHA, and employer standards and guidelines; serving as an active member of area GMP and Food Safety Internal Audit Teams.
- Familiarizes themselves with the hazards in their work area and how to protect themselves. Informs supervisor immediately of any hazards, unsafe equipment and/or acts. Additionally reports immediately any accidents, injuries and near misses to Lab Superintendent.
- Informs supervision immediately of any hazards, unsafe acts or conditions found in their work area. In addition, immediately reports any accidents, injuries, or near misses to supervision.
- Actively assists department management in resolution of SOR’s or SIO’s.
- Evaluates employee performance, providing regular feedback.
- May perform reasonably similar or related duties.
- Strong knowledge of corn industry laboratory, wet and/or dry milling operations or related industry laboratory/operations
- Extensive safety training
- Technical, chemical or managerial degree
- HACCP certified
- FSSC 22000 Internal Auditing
- Communication training
- High School Diploma or equivalent (required)
- 2-4 year science degree (strongly preferred)
- Ability to mentor (coach, counsel, and nurture employees)
- Strong organizational and communication skills, and must be self-motivated
- Willingness to assume and learn new responsibilities
- Accurate record keeping skills
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.