Quality Control Engineer
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Support Quality and Production groups by using process and regulatory knowledge combined with a data driven approach to problem solving. Become an authority in application of statistical tools, measurement systems analysis, and root cause analysis, and computer system validations. Take ownership of projects and drive to completion, whether working independently or in a team. Will work cross-functionally with BDM, PS customers in project management and problem solving activities. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ability to speak, read and write English. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety laws, policies and procedures.
- Oversees Quality needs for the quality control team including:
- Assist and/or manage plant projects and drive to completion.
- Participate in audits as process and quality systems.
- Develop Root cause investigation and CAPA experience.
- Develop an understanding of the validation system and assist in validations.
- Conduct Measurement System Analysis.
- Perform Software Validations for QC Inspection Equipment to ensure data integrity compliance with Part 11 requirements.
- Conduct diagnostic and statistical analysis of methods, equipment and materials to improve product quality, process reliability and cost.
- Assist in meeting plant team plans for cost and quality improvement, operating within department budget guidelines.
- Demonstrate ability to make consistent and data driven decisions. Other duties as assigned.
Supervision: 3 direct reports.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
Experience: 0-5 years’ experience working in a quality/technical role. Experience at a Pharma, Biotech, or Medical Device manufacturer preferred
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status. #LI-ISC
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (East)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.