Quality Coach – 3rd Shift
Website BD Medical / BD Pharmaceutical
Job ID R-393258
Date posted 03/25/2021
Responsible for leading the Quality Assurance associates in an engaged manner. Directly supervise day-to-day activities of area by coaching associates on a continuous improvement path in their daily activities and efforts. Coach associates to be accountable for safety, quality, housekeeping and overall policy adherence. Ensure that safety and quality standards are achieved while driving performance to meet goals and schedules. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential function. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
1. Promptly address any safety issues or incidents.
2. Spend a minimum of 50% of time in the areas of responsibility and in the production environment working with associates.
3. Provide regular, timely and specific feedback to both quality and production associates.
4. Provide a learning environment and challenge associates to meet higher expectations.
5. Ensure an open flow of communication exists between associates and management. Represent concerns of associates to management, as well as management concerns to associates.
6. Ensure fair and consistent application of company and departmental policies and practices. Works with associates to resolve employee relations issues and concerns; involves HR when needed.
7. Actively participate and support continuous improvement activities.
8. Collaborate with multiple departments (Production, Logistics, Finance, Engineering) ensuring functional areas are meeting the business objectives.
9. Supervise daily operations within Quality Assurance.
10. Rotating “on call” weekend assignments
11. Other duties as assigned.
3rd Shift= 12:00 AM – 8:00 AM
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree Field(s) of Study: Business, Applied Science, Industrial Management, Engineering or Human Resources
- Required Experience:3 years quality function experience
- Preferred Experience: 3 years people management
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (East)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.