QA Tech Slaughter – 1st Shift – Full Time – Schuyler, NE
Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we’ll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
Job ID SCH03734Date posted 12/23/2020
- Monitor FSIS/CFIA regulatory activities and plant compliance with regulatory standards. Act as liaison between USDA/CFIA and plant operations.
- Acts as customer interface with plant to review product performance, respond to questions and complaints, work with operations to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Plan, coordinate and direct all quality, sanitation, regulatory and food safety programs within the establishment to insure compliance with company, governmental and customer requirements and expectations.
- Employee management – selection, training development, performance management, staff efficiencies.
- Reviews and verifies results and communications with Corporate Technical Services. Interface with Corporate Technical Services Directors and other TS Managers within the BU. Collaborate with TS Managers across the platform.
• Strong understanding of USDA/CFIA requirements. Able to rethink and improve business for continued growth. Able to prioritize activities. Capable to provide leadership/motivation to engage employees in the business.
• Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office software (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Comprehensive knowledge of plant operations sufficient to guide and train employees
• Basic knowledge of safe food handling practices
• Basic knowledge of employee safety practices
• Basic math skills (read and compare weights and measurements, add, subtract, multiply, divide, coordinate lot #’s with orders, etc.)
• Good communication (able to read, write and speak English)
• Able to deal with conflict (able to enforce procedures and specifications)
• Acceptable attendance record (up to the discretion of the Company; internal only)
• Beef processing Experience
• QA or Supervisory Experience
• Test and hold or Lab experience
• Bi-lingual (English, Spanish)
To apply for this job please visit careers.cargill.com.