Vishay Columbus is currently seeking Purchasing Manager responsible for carrying out plans and implements activities related to the procurement of materials, parts, components, and equipment. Manages the activities of Supervisors, Purchasing Assistants, and Planners to accomplish company objectives. Reviews and approves purchases up to a specifically authorized dollar amount. Takes the lead to negotiate contracts as authorized. Ensures staff coordinates purchasing activities with engineering and manufacturing departments to maintain inventories at planned levels. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. May create policies and procedures for the operation of procurement activities. Monitors the cost, schedule and performance aspects of subcontracts.
- Manages the plan for division wide procurement requirements and creates systems and policies as directed by senior management
- Within established business process controls, ensures that staff is trained to plan, scope, and execute procurement activities.
- Acts as lead negotiator for contracts and company liaison with outside vendors.
- Through purchasing team, ensures that supply levels and inventory goals are met for every function.
- Reporting purchasing performance to senior management and Vishay corporate procurement group. SAP Procurement System Maintenance, Design and Reporting.
- Responsible to assure Purchasing Team is prepared for all Internal and Customer Audits.
- Work closely with Quality to evaluate and develop Key Critical Suppliers.
- Three to five years of experience in Procurement would be desirable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, Outlook, Mainframe systems and SAP a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
This position requires access to information subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, this position is open only to applicants who qualify as “U.S. Persons” according to U.S. federal law.
Vishay offers a comprehensive suite of benefit programs including health care coverage, financial support programs and other resources designed to help you achieve your personal and professional goals. With us, you’ll experience unique career paths, an open and collaborative culture, a stable business that will be there for you, and opportunities to work globally and locally.
Do you have the skills we need? Are you ready to power your career as you power the world? If so, apply today.
Vishay is an AAP and Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vishay.com.