Website Behlen Manufacturing Co.
Job Title: Purchasing Agent
Location: Columbus, NE
Wage Range: Dependent on Qualifications
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Major responsibility will be MRO & MRP items, tool crib items, and components for business unit products with an emphasis on material cost reduction. Purchasing Agent will order requisition items and will work with the maintenance department for items they need.
- Purchasing Agent coordinates activities with Business Unit, Manufacturing, Engineering, Sales, Transportation, and Production Scheduling to establish acceptable purchasing, price, quality, lead time, delivery dates, material priorities, etc., to meet production and shipping schedules.
- Purchasing Agent interviews vendors, negotiates costs and payments, investigates and recommends new sources and/or alternate supplies, and maintains good will between Behlen and its suppliers.
- Purchasing Agent will be responsible for resolving pricing, delivery and quantity, quality, reject, and credit adjustments with the vendor.
- Purchasing Agent will need to understand market conditions, strengths and weakness of potential sources and supplier lead times/capabilities.
- Other duties as required by team leader.
- This position requires the ability to maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of the job.
- Some travel may be necessary.
- Focus efforts towards continuous improvement of product quality using our ISO 9001:2015.
- Must follow all safety procedures, policy and JSA (Job Safety Analysis)
- BS degree in Business and/or extensive experience
- Four years purchasing experience preferred
- Knowledge of a supply chain management a plus.
- P.M. or C.P.S.M.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Math skills.
- MRPII and Computer knowledge (Such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and basic office products)
- International buying experience desirable.
- Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.
To apply for this job please visit www.behlenmfg.com.