Project Mechanical Tech- 1st Shift
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the Process Engineers in implementation of process improvements in the area of mechanical & electrical systems, programming, and vision systems.
- Perform new equipment installation as directed.
- Support Plant initiatives in technology and implementation.
- Coordinate Continuous Improvement efforts with Process Engineers to enhance processes.
- Project management for medium or smaller projects.
- Execute IOQ validation protocols for new equipment installations and process improvements as directed.
- Assist in development of machine settings and validated parameters for equipment.
- Assist in identifying future and current machine component and system risks.
- Continuously learn and keep abreast of new developments in technology.
- Travel requirements up to 10% possible depending on projects.
- Initiates and follows change control procedure to implement changes.
- Support department production by keeping machines in proper working order.
- Maintain equipment to reduce downtime by performing required PMs.
- Order replacement parts and set up in tool crib as required.
- Identify and implement process improvements, using the CIR process.
- Assist with engineering projects when required.
- Required to work during plant shutdown periods to perform PMs and assist with engineering projects.
- Other duties as required to support the needs of the business.
Associates Degree preferred in mechanical or related fields.
- 5 years related experience with High School Diploma.
- 3 years of related experience required.
WHY JOIN US?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (East)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.