- Serve as the primary project technical contact for the duration of project through design and fabrication.
- Assist Builders, Customers during early stages of projects as required when outside the ability of field sales team. Advise Builders / Customer regarding building design, layout and details to facilitate optimal cost effectiveness, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Forward projects to the Estimating Departments as required for pricing and review. Monitor progress of Estimates submitted to ensure customer’s expectations are being met. Communicate price to Builders / Customers upon completion of estimate.
- Responsible for clarification of Purchase Orders received from Builders, Customers and to define the scope of work and generate internal work orders to ensure customer expectations are met and work is processed throughout the Behlen organization in the most expeditious manner.
- Responsible for verification and accuracy of pricing submitted with Purchase Orders.
- Generate price and communicate Change Orders/Contract Revisions to meet customer expectations while maintaining or improving margins for the company.
- Resolve specification issues, handle correspondence, provide periodic updates, ensure customer satisfaction, and negotiate / coordinate as appropriate.
- Ultimately, to meet or exceed customer expectations and insure dealing with Behlen Building Systems is the most pleasant portion of Builder / Customer’s business activity.
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as mathematical, interpretive and computer skills.
- An above average understanding of Behlen Building Systems product offering as well as general construction fundamentals and engineering principles with the ability to read and interpret architectural plans and specifications.
- The ability to communicate and work effectively with people at all levels both internally and externally.
- The ability to check the accuracy of pricing and order clarity for purchase orders and quotations.
- Demonstrate the ability to do a take-off of complex projects from Architectural drawings and specifications to demonstrate understanding of metal building construction.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in processing Low to mid complexity projects with minimal to zero clarifications required by design or drafting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with a diversified work force.
- Ability to work effectively in a customer relation management software (CRM).
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Successful candidate must pass a drug screen prior to hiring.
- Successful candidate must pass a medical nurse evaluation.
Five years of design/drafting/estimating experience.
Project Management experience.
Pre-Engineered Metal Building experience
Bachelor’s Degree in the following fields: Architecture, Construction Science, Business Administration and Management, or Construction Management.
This position offers a significant growth opportunity to the aggressive and innovative person who has the desire and motivation to grow our Metal Building Sales by providing a great experience to our customers through effective interaction with the sales support team. Salary plan includes base plus gain sharing and profit sharing.
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit www.behlenmfg.com.