Production Supervisor (Nights)
Vishay Dale of Columbus, NE is seeking a Full-time Bilingual Production Supervisor for 1st or 2nd shift. The production supervisor is responsible for the orientation, training, discipline, and work performance of individual operators and the maintenance of a high level production and quality within assigned department.
Primary Duties for production supervisor include:
- Directly supervises the daily activities of operators and production-specific employees in a precision electronic component manufacturing operation.
- Ensures that process of all parts meets standards and that customer orders are accomplished in accordance with pertinent specifications and high quality control requirements.
- Trains, disciplines and monitors the ongoing performance of individual operators to ensure the maintenance of the highest levels of quality and production.
- Plans and schedules workload to ensure smooth operations and the production of orders in the sequence assigned by the production scheduling department. Expedites finished orders and the receipt of required materials whenever required to meet production schedules.
- Ensures that all assigned equipment is in satisfactory working condition with regard to output and safety considerations.
- Approves applicants for hire, recommends separation of employees determined unsuitable for continued employment within the department. May arrange transfers within the department or between departments for purposes of promotion or to facilitate more expedient production.
Makes recommendations regarding methods, workplace improvements, changes in procedures, equipment modification, and the purchase of additional tools, supplies, and equipment.
Additional production supervisor accountabilities:
- Submits monthly forecasts and reports such as labor distribution and inventory levels as required.
- Understands the operation of all assigned processes in order to provide operator training to newly assigned employees and to monitor work performances.
- Assists Quality Engineering with corrective actions, audits, etc.
Two years experience in a manufacturing operation would be desirable.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Ability to move about area of responsibility, lift moderately heavy objects, operate usual office equipment required.
This position requires access to information subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, this position is open only to applicants who qualify as “U.S. Persons” according to U.S. federal law.
Vishay offers a comprehensive suite of benefit programs including health care coverage, financial support programs and other resources designed to help you achieve your personal and professional goals. With us, you’ll experience unique career paths, an open and collaborative culture, a stable business that will be there for you, and opportunities to work globally and locally.
Do you have the skills we need? Are you ready to power your career as you power the world? If so, apply today.
Vishay is an AAP and Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vishay.com.