FLEXcon in Columbus, NE is seeking a Production Supervisor in the Slitting Department to work Monday – Thursday on the day shift. You will establish and maintain a manufacturing process that meets the customer’s requirements and recommend continuous improvement ideas along with making sure measurement systems are in place to track performance. You will have a strong, solid team of up to 15 employees in which you can learn from and be part of FLEXcon’s journey.
- Embrace and support FLEXcon’s culture through outward communication, servant leadership and employee involvement with a production team of up to 15 employees.
- Develops knowledge and supports FLEXcon initiatives including interpretation of Business Process Goals and KPI measurements
- Supports Lean projects in production area by providing support in creations of maps, ISO documents and project updates.
- Develops and/or supports and assists in the development of employees based on the employee’s career interest and potential.
- Interprets and assures observance of all company policies and procedures regarding safety regulations and monitors and reports on activities in this area.
- Recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as, promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures. Interviews prospective production employees and conducts Pay for Performance reviews. Assures that Training Requirements are completed for all assigned employees. Maintains production and employee records.
- Updates work orders and collaborates with other department supervisors, engineers, SPC and Quality Technicians and others on production matters. Identifies and resolves issues with other supervisors at shift change.
- Handle customer requirements, customer complaints, job card information, and work orders in process.
- Interprets customer work orders and specifications to employees and assigns duties. Schedules work using knowledge of machine and equipment capabilities and available personnel.
- Conducts required process audits.
- Recommends measures to improve production processes, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Manages work assignments and suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of the department and of employee’s work.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems and assists employees in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate employees to achieve work goals.
- Complete performance reviews and partner with HR for hiring and progressive discipline concerns
- Work Monday – Thursday 5:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and have a 3 day weekend!
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and reference check.
- Associates degree and/or High School Diploma/Equivalent.
- Proficient with Excel and Word
- 3 to 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment with supervisory experience
- Must qualify for and maintain a state fork truck/lift license.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.