Production Coordinator (nights)
Vishay Dale in Columbus, NE is currently seeking a full-time Production Coordinator responsible for the coordination of the daily activities of their designated production area and support the internal product needs to Vishay.
- Prioritizes work orders and purchase orders to the designated production area and acts in the capacity of Leadman to determine what production line will be utilized to produce the product in the most efficient manner.
- Coordinates all production lines and creates scheduling to meet promised price and delivery of piece parts.
- Assist the Cost Estimator to determine time required and lead-time to complete orders.
- Consistently looks for ways of cost reduction of piece parts in labor, materials and equipment.
- Works closely with the supervisor to assure the designated production area has machine and tooling maintenance support for the piece part operation.
- Monitors inventory levels on raw stock, mold compound, expendables, and essential items. Works closely with purchasing, inventory control, and outside vendors to assure all items are available to meet production demands.
- Maintains accurate records on scrap recycling program for EPA reporting.
- Works with Engineers and Production Designers on new product development and offers suggestions on efficient manufacturing methods to produce a product and piece part.
- Responsible for all record keeping, and documentation for incoming materials, dispersals and returns.
- Maintains a safe working environment.
- Equipment Utilization: Must be computer literate and familiar with business office practices.
High School education or its equivalent, plus some specialized training in high volume production environment.
2-3 years’ experience in a production environment.
Initial emergency contingency plan implementation training within six months of the appointment of position d3ealing with hazardous waste and subsequent annual refresher.
Initial hazardous waste management procedures (RCRA) training within six months of the appointment of position dealing with hazardous waste and subsequent annual refresher thereafter.
Job requires being on feet, standing or walking, 60-100% of the time.
This position requires access to information subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, this position is open only to applicants who qualify as “U.S. Persons” according to U.S. federal law.
Vishay offers a comprehensive suite of benefit programs including health care coverage, financial support programs and other resources designed to help you achieve your personal and professional goals. With us, you’ll experience unique career paths, an open and collaborative culture, a stable business that will be there for you, and opportunities to work globally and locally.
Do you have the skills we need? Are you ready to power your career as you power the world? If so, apply today.
Vishay is an AAP and Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vishay.com.