Process Engineer – Columbus, NE
This is an exempt level position.
Assists in leading day-to-day operations of a department and in supporting Performance Excellence pillars. This position is also responsible for process improvements in all facets of operation through direct contributions of project development from conception though start-up. The role assists in leading day to day operations, tracking and understanding department costs, yields, quality, and process performance. A Process Engineer will indirectly lead hourly colleagues and support the Plant Superintendent in operations, coordination of training, as well as updating standard operating procedures. This position will work with and coordinate contractors for the completion of Focused Improvement projects within the department and coordinate maintenance to improve asset performance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interacts directly with shift supervision to produce desired operational results and employee development
- Oversight of specific processes that may include projects. Project management may require, purchasing of materials and supplies, equipment installation, budget tracking, employee training, and startup of projects.
- Lead plant operations to maintain personnel and process safety
- Recommendations for improvements to company facilities, equipment, and safety programs
- Conducts daily review of paperwork (i.e. operational & Shift Supervisor, quality reports and Production Review).
- Supports Quality and the Food Safety Management System and possibly as member of that team.
- Serves as a primary contact for operational, production, and maintenance planning, giving guidance priorities
- Assist in daily operations including shift coverage as needed
- Project design, development and management that are specific to the operations
- Process and cost tracking
- Participates in employee performance management
- Provide feedback, mentorship and support to operators and engineers to achieve short term and long-term department performance through use of KPI’s, continuous improvement, and Performance Excellence concepts
- B.S. in Engineering preferred
- 5 plus years engineering experience or 10 plus years of production leadership
- Plant operations experience and direct supervision of colleagues is preferred
- Project management experience / background is helpful.
- Concern for Quality
- Strong Dedication to Safety
- Proven leadership
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal commutation skills
- Ability to lead personnel and work closely with Corporate departments
- Ability to look beyond the task at hand, to anticipate challenges and develop options to overcome them
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.