Behlen Mfg. Co.
1 Opening – 1st shift
This engineering position focuses on support of overall production processes with emphasis on ensuring quality, cost control and efficiency improvements are applied. Troubleshooting problems related to production and equipment functions, researches and recommends equipment upgrades as well as involvement with new equipment procurement and installation. May be asked to lead projects related to capacity increases that include writing capital request, equipment build and/or procurement, plant layouts, and utilization of resources.
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety procedure, policy and job safety analysis (JSA).
- Focus efforts to work towards continuous improvement of product quality using our ISO 9000 Systems and other process and production control tools.
- Provides support, coordination, and leadership to all production functions plant wide.
- Actively facilitates searching for new ideas and continuous improvement of production processes and equipment functions.
- Work with production to monitor and improve the efficiency, outputs and safety of the manufacturing process through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting data from other partners in progress and team leaders.
- Evaluate, implement and monitor processes and operational systems for all manufacturing.
- Understanding of product cost structure with a focus to reduce manufacturing cost.
- To lead projects from planning to implementation.
- Responsible for the safety and training of others.
- Responsible for compliance with all documented procedures and employee handbook.
- Responsible for the quality of the finished product.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a working team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience related to Engineering or manufacturing leadership roles.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to positively engage the knowledge and talents of partners in progress in order to help themselves in providing charge and continuous improvement
- Desire and ability to plan, measure and achieve results
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of the Behlen Team team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.
To apply for this job please visit www.behlenmfg.com.