- Columbus, NE 68601
- Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
Production – Press Room
- Operates various types of Transfer and or Progressive Hit Presses and sets up Dies used in Production.
- Performs Die Setter functions as a Backup position.
- Setting dies in various machines as needed including progressive presses and secondary presses.
Position works in both production and maintenance areas.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent, with (3) three plus years’ experience.
- The qualified candidate must have die setting experience, good mechanical aptitude, basic math, and blueprint reading.
- Ability to operate forklift.
- Be self-motivated, able to work well with others, and possess a good attitude.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Operate Transfer and or Progressive Hit Press.
- Load coils of steel used on presses.
- Drive forklift when needed. Assist Tool & Die in doing minor repairs on tools when needed.
- Record all data needed for inventory control purposes including; good parts, scrap parts and any other data necessary.
- Verify integrity of product visually, using gauges and tape measures.
- Set specified dies in press, measure shut height and adjusts ram height. Clamp dies in place.
- Maintain all setup sheets for dies. Do all setups and have parts approved by quality.
- Stores die in assigned areas.
- Monitor and report to supervisors any wear/damage on machines for proper preventative maintenance.
- Must follow all safety procedures including lockout-tagout for safety of all associates.
- Assist machine operators any way that will enhance the productivity of equipment.
- May be called upon to assist in other duties as needed to insure quality level of facility activities.
- Responsible for all customer specific requirements where applicable, including those referenced in the QMS manuals.
- Position ensures all product that is produced meets quality standards, that quality charts, traceability forms are accurately kept.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Able to report any quality or unsafe work situations to supervisor.
- Authority to represent the needs of the customer in internal functions addressing IATF requirements
- Associate must be able to clearly communicate tooling, maintenance and any other needs to supervision.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeedjobs.com.