Plastipak Electrical Mechanical Technician – D Shift
Job Grade: JG1
PCP Level: 4
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers improve outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
Applicants for the Electrical Mechanical Technician position must be fully capable of all duties of a Mechanical Tech, including set-up, adjustment, and changeover of production equipment, troubleshooting and diagnosing any issues that may arise when operating the equipment, and maintaining and making improvements to the production equipment such that quality and production standards are met or exceeded. Applicants for the position must also fully support any additional activities of the department, and provide on-the-floor leadership and assistance in the training and development of production line operators.
Additional duties of the Electrical Mechanical Technician include the ability to support and troubleshoot PLC’s, operator interfaces / HMI (Panelview), and vision systems on production equipment. Applicants will be required to work with the Controls group to understand PLC programs and maintain PLC ladder logic programs. Applicants should also have a good understanding of the various networks used within the department (Ethernet, DH485, DH+, Devicenet, etc.).
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment issues. Setup, adjust and changeover production equipment as required.
- Support and troubleshoot department PLC’s, Operator Interfaces / HMI (Panelview), and Vision Systems.
- Propose design changes and review with department engineering to upgrade equipment, improve product quality, and eliminate reoccurring problems. Order parts, components and equipment as required.
- Install, modify, and understand control panel wiring and safety circuits.
- Perform all other duties as required by the Engineering Coordinator to insure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Completion of two years technical school training in electronics, electrical mechanical, and/or equivalent experience in the military/industry.
- Ability to speak, read & write English.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Blueprints, Schematics, Technical Writing, Controls & Control Systems Programming.
- Machine Vision Systems and Inspection.
- Mechanical Systems.
- Ability to Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- PCP Level 4
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families. We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
ABOUT BECTON DICKINSON (BD):
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 64,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Becton, Dickinson and company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (West)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.