Plant IT App Developer
Website BD Medical/ BD Pharmaceutical
Job Description Summary
They are looking for an Applications Developer to work closely with manufacturing business partners to evaluate business processes and identify opportunities for applying and develop technology, make recommendations for future expansion of new and/or existing IT systems to help improve performance, availability, operational services and management of the data collection systems.
Comply and administer with all development, change management, and computer software validation policies and procedures.
Software design and development utilizing BD’s approved programming languages is preferred, including, but not limited to, Visual Basic and Dot Net. Database administration, support, and programming with Oracle and SQL Server databases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage and execute the systems subset of the IT portfolio.
- Acts as the focal point (GS Manufacturing IT partner) who collects requirements and support for IT solutions.
- Communicates on progress, resolves or escalates issues.
- Utilize appropriate IT systems for tracking and managing portfolio of work.
- Manage infrastructure and any other outsourcing needs for plant projects and systems infrastructure support.
Strategically lead, manage, and support IT systems and processes.
- Troubleshooting systematic problems by displaying an understanding of systems and processes to be able to troubleshoot effectively and efficiently.
- Being able to apply learned knowledge of systems and processes.
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills in and around the systems and processes in how and why they are utilized and supported.
- Document, support, and disaster recovery for IT systems and processes.
- Write and execute the required computer software validation for IT systems.
- The ability to see, recommend, and implement improvement opportunities in a process or system.
Assess business needs and process analysis
- Maximizes opportunities to utilize Plant existing or BD enterprise solutions.
- Responsible for gathering and documenting the user requirements/objectives, conducting systems design alternatives, and creating system specifications to meet those objectives.
- Gather and recommend IT infrastructure needs and requirements to meet project objectives.
- Knowledge of project management methodology and tools.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge of Computer software validation and data integrity methodologies is preferred.
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure, networking, server, and/or desktop support is preferred.
Software development and database skills are considered preferred:
- Development Frameworks: ASP.NET Web forms, ASP.NET Web API, Bootstrap, jQuery.
- Development Tools: Visual Studio, Azure DevOps.
- Databases: SQL Server, Oracle Database.
- Operating Systems: Windows Server, Windows 10.
- Reporting: SQL Server Reporting Services, Power BI.
- Able to identify, translate, and solve problems of considerable scope and complexity into manageable tasks with measurable requirements.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and sets priorities.
- Aptitude for systems thinking and creative problem solving.
- A strong professional commitment to the customer coupled with an understanding of infrastructure, hardware, technical feasibility, and security issues is expected.
- Requires effective organization, planning, and analysis skills with a demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and manage outcomes, in conformance with organizational goals and objectives, producing positive results, and meet project deadlines.
- Experience delivering and implementing systems.
- 3+ years IT infrastructure experience (servers, networking, desktop).
- Prior experience in a regulated and/or medical devices industry is a plus.
- Experience or familiarity with manufacturing operations, the business processes needed to support them, and the interaction between IT and the Business is a plus.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. They do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA UT – Sandy
USA AZ – Nogales, USA CT – Canaan, USA MD – Baltimore, USA NE – Broken Bow, USA NE – Columbus (East), USA NY – Glens Falls, USA TX – El Paso – Northwestern Dr.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.