Develops and coordinates the plant production plans and demand requirements of master scheduled items for the assigned product groups. Responsible for maintaining a proper balance of necessary inventories in line with production requirements. Focuses on driving improvements in the supply planning process and execution. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and best practices, and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ability to read and write and converse in English. Willing and able to uphold BD Values.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain open orders in the system and the production plan.
- Keeps the production plan current.
- Maintains ongoing communications with manufacturing regarding schedules, materials, etc.
- Process and distribute Experimental Orders.
- Review system planned component purchases and convert them into vendor purchase orders.
- Interact with supplier representatives on open order and change order deliveries.
- Interact with manufacturing floor personnel and establish an internal network for feedback on low component inventory levels.
- Co-coordinate with other Planner/Buyers on component demands and on finished goods shipments.
- Coordinate inventory integrity with manufacturing to maintain system reliability.
- Assist with compliance measurement reporting systems.
- Support new and experimental product runs to include replacement or new components.
- Improve planning master data and processes.
Qualifications and Requirements
Required: Associate’s degree
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
3 years’ experience in manufacturing or a supply chain management environment is required.
* experience with SAP and advanced Excel
* excellent communication skills
* excellent analysis skills
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.