Packaging Line Assistant Operator
FLEXcon is seeking an Assistant Packaging Line Operator to work the day shift and assist the packing line operator with full knowledge of the packaging manual. Must be able to perform basic maintenance duties such as the cleaning of idlers, file head, and electronic sensors. Monitor incoming orders for proper packing method and on time delivery, monitor packaging line supply levels. Keep line moving so that no machines will go down due to back log on the line. Help pack orders in box or custom pack whenever possible. Communicate to supervisor any problems that may arise and help get rolls to packing by alternate meth if needed. Work hours are Monday – Thursday 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Learn and follow FLEXcons ISO-9001 Quality Management System. These standards include all work instructions and procedures. Compliance to these standards are monitored by audits.
- Work safely; follow OSHA safety standards.
- Know all types of packaging (custom or box pack).
- Keep supplies inventoried.
- Take rolls off line and place on a pallet if there is a backlog to prevent machine going down.
- Know how to use all packaging equipment (C-Hooks, Upender and Tilt Locks).
- Report any questionable rolls (bad winds, etc.) or slitter errors.
- Follow up on orders waiting for rewinds.
- Package rush orders as priority.
- Work with the supervisor to update any work instruction and job cards that have conflicting information.
- If custom pack is slow, pack in box pack area or stock area with supplies.
- If box pack is slow, pack in custom pack or stock area with supplies.
- Regular and prompt attendance is required to provide positive customer service.
- The duties listed are not all inclusive. Each employee is required to complete all duties set forth by the company.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous packaging and operator experience not required
- Ability to work from verbal and written instructions; including work orders, packing lists and BOL’s.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to obtain forklift license or licensed forklift operator responsible for maintaining equipment.
- Use of all identified safety equipment and procedures.
- Must pass drug, physical, background check and reference check
- Full benefits offered such as medical, dental, life, 401(k), STD insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick days
- Work hours are Monday – Thursday 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. FLEXcon does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status).
FLEXcon is not accepting assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit careers-flexcon.icims.com.