Central Valley Ag
Agronomy and Grain Operations
As an Operations employee at Central Valley Ag, you will be responsible for assisting in receiving, shipping and handling grain and agronomy and to perform preventative maintenance and cleaning as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Help with unloading of grain products for company owned and customer owned trucks.
2. Assists in delivery of agronomy products such as fertilizer, chemical and seed to customers.
3. Assists in the loading of agronomy products to customer trucks.
4. Assists in the receiving of dry/liquid fertilizer, chemicals and seed.
5. Provides assistance in the operations of the liquid and dry plant.
6. Provides assistance in the scheduling, mixing and loading of liquid/dry fertilizer and chemicals.
7. Helps in ensuring the accuracy of mixing chemicals and fertilizers and assists with blender operations.
8. Drives company owned trucks for the purpose of transferring grain.
9. Drives tender trucks to supply Central Valley Ag custom application equipment.
10. If certified, serves as back-up for custom applicators.
11. Assists with the train loads going out.
12. Assists in monitoring and maintaining grain quality.
13. Conducts and helps manage grain and agronomy inventory.
14. Monitors and keeps supervisor apprised of inventory levels.
15. Assists with scale operations.
16. Performs general maintenance of buildings, equipment and vehicles, including necessary documentation.
17. Assists in ensuring that paperwork is completed accurately and timely.
18. Provides excellent customer service.
19. Responsible for housekeeping duties.
20. Assists other divisions and locations as needed.
21. Maintains and promotes a safe work environment.
22. Performs other duties as assigned.
General mechanical ability required.
Integrity and good judgment skills required.
Excellent customer service skills required.
Must be a quick learner and have the ability to multi-task.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
One to three months’ related experience and/or training or equivalent
combination of education and experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to obtain a Class B CDL with hazmat and tanker endorsement.
TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGY USED IN THIS POSITION
Single or double axel trucks (5 or 10 speed)
Front end loaders
CORE COMPETENCIES NEEDED FOR THIS POSITION
Safety – Maintains a work environment that is safe for everyone.
Customer Focus – Actively looks for ways to help customers.
Integrity – Adheres to moral and ethical principles.
Teamwork – Works well with others to achieve a common goal.
Financial Accountability – Takes responsibility for the way money and resources
are used and managed.
Innovation – Introduces new ideas, devices, or methods.
INDIVIDUAL COMPETENCIES NEEDED FOR THIS POSITION
Attitude – Maintains a positive attitude at all times.
Maintenance – Has a general knowledge of basic repairs of equipment and
Record Keeping – Completes paperwork in a timely fashion and with a minimal of
Time Management – Uses time wisely and is able to prioritize tasks in order to
maximize personal efficiency.
Respect for Equipment/Property – Shows regard and consideration of equipment
and property of the Cooperative as if it were their own.
Judgment – Has the ability to assess situations or circumstances and make good
PHYSICAL DEMANDS FOR THIS POSITION
Use of hands to finger, handle or feel
Reach with hands and arms
Must be able to lift and/or move at least 100 pounds.
Ability to climb and work effectively at heights of up to 200 feet.
Specific vision abilities includes close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met in order to perform this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, position responsibilities, and required abilities and skills. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an individual in this position and nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to the person holding this position at any time. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities expected to meet job standards.
To apply for this job please visit www.cvacoop.com.