Operations Management Intern 2021
Website Cargill Meat Solution
Job ID UNI05908Date posted 08/14/2020Location : Butler, Wisconsin | Schuyler, Nebraska | Monticello, Minnesota | Mason City, Iowa | Lake Odessa, Michigan | Fresno, California | Fort Worth, Texas | Fort Morgan, Colorado | Dodge City, Kansas | Columbus, Nebraska | Columbia, South Carolina | Albert Lea, Minnesota | Wyalusing, Pennsylvania | Waco, Texas | Springdale, Arkansas | Hazleton, Pennsylvania | Friona, Texas
- Risk Management: Leadership in safety and regulatory compliance consistent with Cargill’s Guiding Principles. Food and Feed Safety are of critical importance to Cargill’s businesses.
- Talent Management: Lead, coach, and develop a diverse team of operations employees to ensure goals and standards of the organization are being met. Gain knowledge of Human Resources policies, participate in the hiring of new team members, and develop and implement strategies to maintain and increase employee engagement.
- Reliability Excellence: Maintain plants to ensure they are at all times capable of serving and meeting customer requirements.
- Operational Effectiveness: Lead plant operations in alignment with all business functions to effectively and efficiently achieve business and profitability objectives.
- Capital Effectiveness: Effectively deploy capital and manage capital projects to ensure ongoing market competitiveness of plant assets.
- Continuous Improvement: Lead production process improvements through utilization of continuous improvement tools/activities.
- Relocation assistance or temporary housing
- Internships are paid and are normally 12 weeks in duration.
- Day-to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the Intern
- Cargill interns attend Intern Forum or Intern Farewell, an event designed to give exposure to leadership and cross-functional interns from across the U.S.
- Beef processing
- Poultry processing
- Egg processing
- Cooked further processing
- Grain processing
- Across the United States; must be open to relocation
- Plant setting
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited program in any discipline, and graduating December 2021 – May 2023.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Willing and able to relocate.
- Ability to contribute, both as part of a team and individually.
- Strong communication skills – written and oral.
- Willingness to work 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts and weekends should the occasional need arise.
- Pursuing an agriculture, business-related degree, or engineering degree (including but not limited to Animal Science, Ag-Economics, Ag-Business, Ag-Education, Agronomy, Food Science, Feed Science, Meat Science, Grain Science, Operations Management, Ag-Systems Management, Ag-Engineering, Supply Chain, Mechanized Systems Management, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Distribution).
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
- Asian Alliance Network
To apply for this job please visit careers.cargill.com.