Office Assistant/Shipping Clerk
This position is responsible to assist the Production Manager with administrative duties associated with shipping, including generation of all documents.
- Responsible for shipping duties including allocating sales orders, ship against orders, print and distribute packing slips, labels, bills of lading, dimensional data, material certifications, Proformas, and confirmation of daily shipments.
- Assigns carriers to the daily shipping list based on size, weight and customer requirements. Prints and distributes the daily shipping list.
- Coordinates with shipping personnel to determine the number and weight of cartons, boxes and skids.
- Performs basic computer activities with support from the Plant Manager and Corporate Information Systems personnel. Initiates cartridges for backup of the computer system on a daily basis.
- Provide assistance when required in manufacturing, purchasing and administration functions.
- Completes special projects as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a US citizen or lawful permanent resident.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be highly accurate and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications. SAP experience is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary package that is dependent on qualifications and experience as well as good benefits and a bonus potential.
It is the policy of MIBA to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local LAW. In addition, MIBA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Required)
In addition, you can choose to upload your resume at https://somethinggoodcolumbus.com/upload-resume/ and we will put it directly in the hands of our Columbus business owners and HR professionals. Be sure to mention this job’s title and employer.
We want you in Columbus!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.