Nursery Pig Technician
Pillen Family Farms
Pillen Family Farms is a family owned business located in Nebraska. We market approximately 2 million pigs annually. As a family-owned and family-focused farming operation, great care goes into everything we do. From family members to team members, to even our pigs we believe in treating others with respect and as part of our family.
- Nursery pig technicians are responsible for are responsible for all nurturing provided to our baby pigs during the first few days away from their mom. This is a key aspect of their growth development.
- Our team members on a nursery team start their days by 6:00 a.m. and typically complete around 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assessment of pig body and health condition.
- Administration of proper treatment to animals.
- Maintain most optimum environment for herd.
- Assessment and recording ventilation guidelines.
- Power washing and sanitizing barns, rooms, and hallways.
- Active participation in gruel feeding, mat feeding, and hand feeding.
- Fine motor skills for writing data, administering treatment shots, and weighing individual piglets.
- Continuous bending, reaching, and crouching for power washing and sanitizing.
- Frequent kneeling, reaching, and steady balance required for treating piglets.
- Continuous walking and standing; a minimum of 8 hours per day.
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn, interpersonal communication.
- Comply with all bio-security, safety, and animal welfare policies.
To apply for this job please visit pillendnacareers.workbrightats.com.