Newborn Pig Technician
Pillen Family Farms
Pillen Family Farms is a family owned business located in Nebraska. We market approximately 2 million pigs annually. As a family-owned and family-focused farming operation, great care goes into everything we do. From family members to team members, to even our pigs we believe in treating others with respect and as part of our family.
- The delivery and health of our baby pigs and moms all hinges on the energy and passion of our newborn pig technicians.
- Working in partnership with other team members in a calm, hospital-like setting, you will be expected to maintain records and care for our baby pigs with great attention and a gentle touch.
- Our team members start their day by 6:00 a.m. and typically complete around 3:00-4:00 p.m. However, because babies are born 24 hours a day, if your schedule compliments different hours, we can accommodate you.
- This position allows for both Full-time and Part-time careers during days, evenings, or nights.
- Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assessment of pig body and health condition.
- Administration of proper treatment to animals.
- Maintain most optimum environment for pigs.
- Monitor and assist sows during farrowing.
- Must be able to reach, bend, and stoop frequently.
- Ability to plan ahead, manage details, and lead by example.
- Continuous walking and standing; a minimum of 8 hours per day.
- Comply with all bio-security, safety, and animal welfare policies.
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn, interpersonal communication.
To apply for this job please visit pillendnacareers.workbrightats.com.