Nursery Farm Leader
Pillen Family Farms
Pillen Family Farms is a family owned business located in Nebraska. We market approximately 2 million pigs annually. As a family-owned and family-focused farming operation, great care goes into everything we do. From family members to team members, to even our pigs we believe in treating others with respect and as part of our family.
- Nursery farm leaders are responsible for leading and managing all aspects of a nursery farm.
- With a combination of animal husbandry and modern technological advances, nursery farm leaders are responsible for the care of pigs and team members at their designated farm.
- You and your team are responsible for all nurturing provided to our baby pigs during the first few days away from their mom. This is a key aspect of their growth development.
- Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing operating costs of sow farm.
- Implementing processes to reach production goals.
- Assessment of pig body and health condition.
- Administration of proper treatment to animals.
- Maintain most optimum environment for herd.
- Responsible for leading teams of 5 to 15 people.
- Responsible for overseeing multiple nursery sites.
- Must be able to reach, bend, and stoop frequently.
- Ability to lead a team and promote a culture of integrity.
- Continuous walking and standing; a minimum of 8 hours per day.
- Comply with all bio-security, safety, and animal welfare policies.
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn, interpersonal communication.
To apply for this job please visit pillendnacareers.workbrightats.com.