Website Columbus Public Schools
D.O.T. # FULL TIME X
Sedentary Light Medium Heavy X Very Heavy
- Education Level: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Experience Desired: Custodial and general maintenance skills
REPORTS TO:, Head Custodian, Buildings & Grounds Supervisor, Building Principal
- Follows a written cleaning program as directed by the head custodian and buildings and grounds supervisor.
- Assists in snow removal.
- Keeps the grounds free from rubbish.
- Reports repairs needed to night supervisor or head custodian.
- Reports immediately to the night supervisor or head custodian any damage to school property.
- Remains on the school premises during school hours, and during non-school hours when the use of the buildings has been authorized and his/her attendance is required.
- Assumes responsibility for the opening and closing of the building each school day and for determining before leaving, that all doors and windows are secured, and all lights, except those left on for safety reasons, are turned off.
- Keeps an inventory of supplies and equipment on hand and requisitions such needed replacement from the warehouse far enough in advance so that they may be delivered in such time as will not hinder the custodian in his duties.
- Is responsive to the needs of the building administrators for night activities in the facility.
- Moves furniture or equipment within building as required for various activities and as directed.
- Is capable of taking over all operational duties should this become necessary for any reason.
- Adheres to district rules.
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned by building principal or director of building and grounds.
Never Occasional Frequent Constant
0% 1-32% 33-66% 67%+
A. Standing X
B. Walking X
C. Sitting X
D. Bending/ Stooping X
E. Reaching/Pulling X
F. Climbing X
G. Driving X
H. Lifting / 10#Max X
I. Carrying / 20Ft. X
A. Inside Outside Both X
B. Work occasionally done outside in inclement weather.
C. Climatic Environment: Buildings air-conditioned during school year.
D. Hazards: hot surfaces, fuels and solvents, low pressure steam, moving machinery, high voltage, dust, and water pressure, heights
To apply for this job please visit columbuspsne.apptegy.us.