Needle Assembly Mold Utility – B Shift
JOB GRADE: JG1-H06
PCP Level: 3
Needle Assembly Operators will be responsible for production on their designated lines as well as various other departmental tasks. They may be trained on any or all of the processes in the department to help fill production needs. This includes Safety Glide, Needle Inline Process, Multi-Vacs, Integra, Molding, and the Utility role. They may perform visual inspections as well as assembly or packaging operations. Will be responsible for achieving production rate and quality goals on assigned equipment. May require the use of 10x microscopes, calipers, and/or other miscellaneous gauges. May be required to perform SAP data entries. This associate will cover for absences and vacations to help maintain normal production outputs. Will perform rework for the department as needed. Other tasks will include: ensuring the production schedule is followed, processing SAP and MES transactions for the department, driving completion of rework, assisting with the BDA process, participating on blitz teams for the department, as well as any other duties assigned by the Unit Coordinator.
- Achieving established production goals
- Ensuring the quality of all product produced
- Performing quality checks as designated
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Processing SAP and MES transactions for department
- Assisting in the BDA process to identify root causes
- Perform duties in accordance with GMP principles
- Maintain compliance with all required document training
- Operate safely each day including usage of proper PPE Other duties as assigned
- Operate lines in a safe and efficient manner
- Submit at least the minimum number of required Kaizens annually
- Drive department results by reducing downtime and completing tasks in an efficient manner
- Maximize efficient time usage in the department
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Must have completed High School Diploma/ GED
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities (KSA’s):
- Problem solving/decision making
- Oral and written communication skills
- Regular, punctual attendance required
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
Minimum Physical Requirements or Demands:
Defined PCP level: 3
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families. We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
ABOUT BECTON DICKINSON (BD):
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 64,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Becton, Dickinson and company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (West)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.