Mold Technician – B Shift, $5000 Bonus Incentive Being Offered!
Setup and operate machines in accordance with standard practices. Maintain acceptable levels of production, quality and housekeeping in accordance with good manufacturing practices in an injection molding environment. Ensure that the molding department produces high quality, low cost molded components for the assembly department, by running press within validated parameters, inspect parts radically, setting & pulling molds, diagnosing & repairing problems and implementing continuous improvements.
Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Keep the line running
- Restart press as needed
- Perform periodical part inspection
- Troubleshooting & preventative maintenance molding machine and fill out documentation
- Verify the mold is running with-in validated parameters and parts meet acceptance criteria.
- Assist with the set-up and maintenance of auxiliary equipment, including conveyors, water temperature controls, and mold hot runner controls and make minor repairs to machines and equipment and notify proper personnel of necessary major repairs.
- Responsible for adherence to Quality Specifications for all products, and follow and promote all safety and environmental procedures.
- Fill out all documents on molding runs to control traceability and ensure reproducibility.
- Relieve other molding technicians on breaks and in the event of absenteeism, train and assist mold utility.
- Promote and maintain an atmosphere of cooperation among and between shifts, tool room, quality control, and management to facilitate production goals.
- Set and Pull Molds.
- Work with Q.C. Reps for 1st piece approval’s.
- Perform PM’s on equipment each shift.
- Address quality defects detected at in process inspections by troubleshooting the molding process and equipment.
- Work with the in process inspector to ensure product being produced meets quality criteria.
- Maintain the molding department and their assigned equipment with GMP regarding quality, cleanliness, part containment, and documentation.
- Work with the Lead Tech and mold repair to keep cavity utilization in the green.
- Assist the Lead Molding Technician with projects, EWO’s, Eng. Studies, Validations, and Change Controls.
- Assist mold utilities as needed to keep equipment running.
- Scientific molding techniques preferred
- General mechanical aptitude and methodologies for troubleshooting
- Good mechanical ability
- Able to keep and maintain detailed documentation and communicate to the incoming shift and receive communication from the outgoing shift
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Preferred previous molding experience
- 0-2 years of work experience that exhibits the ability to methodically solve problems along with general mechanical abilities
- Must speak, read, and write English
- Regular, punctual attendance and attention to detail
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families. We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
ABOUT BECTON DICKINSON (BD):
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 64,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Becton, Dickinson and company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (West)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.