Mold Maker – 3rd shift
- Disassemble molds and determine parts needing to be repaired or replaced.
- Clean mold plates and all components.
- Check for accurate gating, venting and cooling of mold.
- Record and maintain all maintenance documentation as the need arises.
- Polish cavities and cores to specified finishes.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and analyze problems with molds.
- Read and understand blueprints, sketches, and schematics relating to molds.
- Have the ability to use all measuring tools (micrometers, calipers, indicators, travel dials, and their applications) to measure and determine proper mold and component fits and tolerances within .0002” to .0005”.
- Wire molds and read an OHM meter to understand basic electrical issues in diagnosing heater and thermal couple failures.
- Construct or rebuild mold components per prints, using any or all machine tools available in Mold Repair area as well as the Tool Room.
- Assemble mold and components maintaining proper dimensional tolerances.
- Maintains an extremely clean and safe work area with an emphasis on 5”s.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Dependable, highly motivated self-starter, able to work with minimal direction.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- 2-3 years in a mold repair or mold making environment.
- Molding Knowledge Assessment will be administered
- Associate’s Degree in Machining Technology or Mold Making
Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities:
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude necessary to troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Machine modifications and process improvements on equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Read mold drawings
- Use of micrometers, indicators, height gauges, etc.
- Ability to operate machine tools
- Molding, mold design, material flow and mold steels and their applications
- Troubleshooting skills to be used for continuous process improvement
**All qualified candidates will be required to complete a Mold Maker Skill Assessment**
Minimum Physical Requirements or Demands:
- Use of forklift, gauge, hazardous chemicals, and microscope
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families.
We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
ABOUT BECTON DICKINSON (BD):
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 64,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (East)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.