Mechanical Technician Sterilization – 2nd Shift
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
This position will provide mechanical support to assigned department to achieve production and quality goals. As a member of the sterilization mechanical maintenance team provide sterilization mechanical maintenance support for 24/7 operations. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and best practices, and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support department production by keeping machines in proper working order. Maintain equipment to reduce down time by performing required PM’s.
- Order replacement parts as required. Identify and implement process improvements, using the CIR process.
- Required to work during plant shut down periods to perform PM’s and assist with engineering projects.
- Must be familiar with specifications and documentation associated with operations of the specified position.
- The operations of this position may specify use of chemicals. In such cases, completion of periodic Resource Conservation and Recovery Act and Right-To-Know training will be required for these chemicals.
- Must comply with department protective clothing, safety, and management policies.
- Other duties as required to support the needs of the business.
- High School Diploma/GED mandatory
- Ability to read and write and converse in English.
- Associates Degree preferred
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families.
We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
About Becton Dickinson (bd):
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 64,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.