Mechanical Tech – D Shift $2000 Bonus incentive being offered!
$2000 hiring incentive being offered to new hires based on position eligibility.
- Provides mechanical support to assigned department to achieve production and quality goals.
- Support luer forming department production by keeping machines in proper working order.
- Monitor waste efficiency using MES system, using information to prioritize work.
- Maintain equipment to reduce down time by performing required PM’s.
- Assist production with the resolution of quality issues.
- Order replacement parts as required.
- Identify and implement process improvements, using the Change Initiation Request (CIR) process.
- Assist with Engineering projects as required.
- Required to work during plant shut down periods to perform PM’s and assist with Engineering projects.
- Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function.
- Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Standardization and configuration of assigned equipment according to specifications
- Elimination of reoccurring equipment problems
- Continuous improvements to equipment-related waste and quality performance.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, or (KSA):
- Mechanical/Technical Systems : Proficient/Working KSA
- Equipment troubleshooting: Proficient/Working KSA
- Electrical: Basic or Simple KSA
- Computer: Basic or Simple KSA
- Glass forming experience required
- Mechatronics/ Electrical Mechanical Degree or related technical degree preferred
- High School Diploma/GED Required
- Must have the ability to speak, read & write English
Hourly Wage – $23 – $28 based on experience
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families.
We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
ABOUT BECTON DICKINSON (BD):
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 64,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (East)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.