MECHANIC – Columbus, NE
We are looking for individuals ready to take on challenges and responsibilities within our Columbus, NE facilities. We will provide you a unique opportunity to get hands-on experience at our two processing facilities (wet milling and dry grind) as well as our Co-generation facility.
Essential Job Functions
· Participates actively in safety and skills training in pursuit of personal improvement
· Maintains a thorough knowledge of production processes, equipment and operations in the interest of diagnosing and repairing equipment malfunctions
· Performs preventive maintenance duties on equipment as required and maintains an competent knowledge of equipment, operations and processes throughout the plant
· Disassembles and diagnoses mechanical failures and performs repairs on production and facilities equipment as required
· Installs new equipment as required, aligns, rebuilds and performs preventative maintenance duties as necessary
· Possess general computer use knowledge
· Maintains manuals of replacement parts, specifications, blueprints of equipment and maintenance requirements to facilitate repairs also maintains such files and records in an orderly manner for future reference
· Develops knowledge of maintenance files, parts and vendors, and accesses information on the department computer as required
· Performs welding or general maintenance duties as required in repairing production equipment
· May provide work direction to less experienced Maintenance Mechanics as required
· Documents time spent, work performed and parts used on projects by completing time records through use of the Maintenance Management System
· Conducts regular inspections of tools, safety and production equipment
· Develops and maintains knowledge of hand and power tools used in the repair and maintenance of plant equipment
· Good attendance record
· May perform reasonably similar or related duties as required
· Minimum of 1-3 years of Industrial or commercial mechanical experience and/or two (2) year degree (Required)
· Must successfully complete all ADM Safety Certification requirements
· Basic knowledge of process equipment
· Experience in any of the following areas is a plus
-Millwright (setting up and aligning new equipment)
-Preventative and Predictive Maintenance
-Mobile Equipment (forklift or manlift)
-Rigging, chokers, and slings
· Good organizational and communication skills, must be self-motivated
· Ability to team build, train, and work on multiple tasks concurrently
· Willingness to assume and learn new responsibilities
· Proven housekeeping and sanitation skills (MSS)
· Accurate record keeping and computer skills
· Basic maintenance skills, such as troubleshooting problems
• Able to meet the physical requirements of the position including but not limited to: able to lift up to 50 lbs, stand/sit/walk for extended periods of time, squat/kneel, climb stairs/ladders, operate vibrating equipment/power tools/assistive transfer devices, able to grip/grasp/pinch and reach overhead, work in a variety of environmental conditions (heat, cold, dust, etc)
ADM requires a successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, background check, and physical if required.
For more than a century the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with more than 33,000 ADM employees serving customers in more than 140 countries. With a global value chain that includes more than 470 crop procurement locations, 285 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 40 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, chemical and energy uses.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.